AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have Klipcsh 5.1 setup - RF25, RC25, RS25, RW10? I listen to this @ Goodguys and sounded pretty good. What do you guys think?? Small live room - they will be used for mostly DVDs and some CDs. I can get them online for $1340, which is not a bad deal for the complete setup. Anything else I should consider??

Thank you,

Steven

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the Klipsch RF-3II with the RC-3II center and could not be happier.. tremendous dynamics and punch with my Yamaha RX-V596 receiver. Both music and movies sound awesome. If you like the Klipsch sound, you most likely won't be disappointed either. They are super efficient, meaning they won't need lots of power to generate high SPLs. What type of receiver do you have or plan to purchase?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought Denon AVR-1803 - they discontinued this model, so I got a good deal on that. Since you like and know klipcsh, can you tell me what the difference is between RF25 and 35?? The have the same power rating, etc - 35 are bigger, but that is about it. yes, I have noticed that the efficiency of these speakers are amazing - 96db+.

Have you compared by any chance Mirage sound to these?? That is my other choice, but I have not listen to them yet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The RF-35 and 25 differ mainly in size of the woofer 6.5" in the 25 and 8" in the 35. The HF driver is actually the same in both models and the crossover frequency is slightly different: 2600hz in the 35 and 2633hz in the 25. Of course the smaller driver set in the 25 will yield less low end response as well but that is nothing that a sub won't help. The 80 watt per channel rating in your 1803 is more than enough to power the extremely effiecient system. Many people love the Denon/Klipsch combination so you should be satisfied as well. Just ask some of the Klipscheads over at the Klipsch forum www.klipsch.com.

As far as the Mirage speakers are concerned, I've personally never heard them but have always read positive things about them and they are quite nice looking. Be sure to listen before you purchase, chances are the sound will be entirely different than Klipsch. Good Luck and keep us posted..

Pete

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I have the Ref-35 setup and am very pleased, and as stated before the main difference is woofer size. I did however go with an SVS sub (killer!!). I did compare the Klipsch to the Mirage Omni-260 setup and prefered the Klipsch. The Mirages had a great soudn stage, but when I really drove them with high power and peaks the woofers distorted, the Klipsh on the other hand took everything I coudl thorw ayt them. And as also stated the Klipsch is very effiecient, thus less power to make more volume. The mirage are about average for effiecency. The Klipsh were very clen, tight and crisp, the mirages sounds great as well, but much more laid back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kluken - very cool. That is my plan exactly to compare 250-260 with 25 or 35, I hope they will have it side by side. Why did you pick SVS as oppose to RW10 sub?? And which model did you pick?? I am new to this, so.. I have a pretty small liv room, so I thought that 200W sub should be and they match that one with RF25 setup on Klipsch site. Anyways, any info is greately appriciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.