AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guys, 

I am in the process of setting up my home theater, upgrading from my namesake old 5.1 system - logitech z5500.

I got the RF42s in a good deal, and I have the 2 floor standing and center console along with RF41 book shelf for the rear surround. I also got a Klipsch SW110 for the sub, that way my Front 42s can be supported for the lower ranges. In general I am a great fan of real tight bass with good midrange frequencies. I have heard the speakers in my local fry's and they sound great. 

I got a Yamaha Aventage A-730 as my amp as I had a few things to consider 

- Yamaha is good for natural sound and mid ranges

- 7.2 setup possible and can expand in future

- Network, Airplay and app for remote control.

Having all that said, now, I feel that I am missing something with my setup, and I am not sure what it is. 

I am pretty sure there are people who would have experienced all this and I am wondering and trying to take suggestions on my setup. Also, are Yamaha's good with Klipsch? I am still at a state where I can return my receiver and I am thinking if this is right for me. Also, there is a deal going on with Yamaha RX-v575 for $300 should I replace my aventage a-730 with it, makes sense???

Thanks much

-Arun

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply Rob. I do understand that the Aventage is better, but I am curious. I tried out the setup with 575 as well, and the 575 video was a little better than the 730. 

As far as the speaker settings are concerned - 

- I am running Bi-amp config (wired for Bi Amp)

- All speakers are set to small

Levels - 

FR - +2.0

FL - +2.0

C - +4.5

SR - +6.0

SL - +6.0

Sub - -7.0

Parametric EQ - YPAO Natural

SW Cross over - 90

Gain - 8

-Arun

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Crossover looks good but your sub seems kind of low in relation to the speaker trims. I'd bump the sub up a few dbs and see if it blends better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts