AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current setup is a Sony STR-DN1040 receiver, a decade old set of 4 Klipsch SB3 bookshelf and an SC1 synergy line speakers and a KSW 10 subwoofer from the same line.

I am about to pull the trigger on a pair of Klipsch RF-62 ii's and an RC-62 ii for my front and repurpose the SB3's and SW as the surrounds in a 7.1 setup. I chose the Klipsch speakers in part because I read they are easy to drive and I am a complete neophyte in the world of separate amps, in part because I have been very satisfied with the Klipsch speakers I have so far, and in part because I read a pretty glowing review of the setup from digitaltrends.com.

I know the best thing one can do is audition speakers to make a buying decision, but that simply isn't tenable before making a purchase decision. So; for around $300 per front and $350 for a center, does anyone have a different speaker setup I should consider before purchasing sight-unseen?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
If you like the sound of your Klipsch speakers you are very likely to like the sound of the these. Online reviews are tricky because you can usually find a glowing review for any piece of [email protected] You however like the sound of Klipsch speakers after a decade of use so it is likely you like these. I started with Polk's and stuck withthem even buying some speakers sight unheard and I am very pleased. Yes this is a risky way about going with purchasing but sometimes its the only option. Paying alittle more for a retailer with a great return policy might be worth it if you are worried.

Your price is the cheapest I found for those Klipsch speakers. You might be able to get a better deal going to a store in person if you haggle with a sales associate.:cool:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
For a $1000 there are a ton of alternatives. Some arguably better, but most just different. If you like your Synergy Klipsch you will like the Reference series better for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts