AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize most people are going to support what they own, and I already know the Klipsch RF-63 package is generally considered better sounding than the Axiom Epic 80. My question is, is it really $2000 better sounding?

The full RF-63 package is at the very top limit of my budget and there's nowhere to audition them. Literally, do a search around Destin, FL and the closest I can seem to find is in Pensacola over an hour away and they only stock, no listening room.

The room these will be set up in is medium sized but generally a shaping nightmare with tile floor, vaulted ceiling, and about 8 walls due to odd geometry.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnai /forum/post/17005936

I realize most people are going to support what they own, and I already know the Klipsch RF-63 package is generally considered better sounding than the Axiom Epic 80. My question is, is it really $2000 better sounding?

The full RF-63 package is at the very top limit of my budget and there's nowhere to audition them. Literally, do a search around Destin, FL and the closest I can seem to find is in Pensacola over an hour away and they only stock, no listening room.

The room these will be set up in is medium sized but generally a shaping nightmare with tile floor, vaulted ceiling, and about 8 walls due to odd geometry.

Ummm... personal opinion(and I don't own either companies products, but I have heard both products you mentioned) is no, they won't sound $2000 better unless you are in a VERY LARGE room and need to play at reference levels. In medium sized rooms, I actually think the M80s are quit a bit more pleasing to listen to(and no, I don't own any axiom products, never had, never will).

Having heard both, I would easily choose the M80's over the RF-63 even if price was no concern at all for my room. My room is 16 x 15 x 11. Honestly your room sounds like a klipsch nightmare. Tile floors and Klipsch tend not to go very well together.

If you had a bigger room then I might recommend it, but having heard both, in your room, I think you would be greatly disappointed.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnai /forum/post/17005936

I honestly dont think so. Dont get me wrong, the klipsch do sound good, but so do the axioms. But then again, its only my opinion from my ears. One more thing, i believe that these particular or part of this 63 package is actually made here in the US, therefore, causing the price to go thru the roof.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Axioms are a better value because they sell factory direct and Klipsch is a brick and mortor brand sold only through authorized dealers, and they mark them up to make a profit from you. But if you like the Klipsch sound then the extra cost over the Axioms is worth it, if you compare the Klipsch and Axioms who knows maybe the Klipsch will sound $2000 better than the Axioms too you but not to someone else. I demoed Klipsch, Paradigm (monitor and studio), Def Tech, and B&W and I'm a Axiom owners and will never look back.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I don't know about Axiom being automatically cheaper than B&M. My brother setup our mother with Axioms about 5 years ago. I thought they were okay for the price, but no more than that. Buying speakers on sale or through bargaining would not result in spending more, IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great info, thanks. I was leaning towards the Axioms and just needed some reassurance.
I suppose spending a little less means when I start upgrading pieces in the future I won't feel so bad about it either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts