AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain why 82's and the 52 is not a natural match? The RC-62 crossover is also not an exact match, but it's power handling is identical to the 82's. Is this why it's more suitable?

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sonically they should be similar enough. I'm thinking maybe there's a sensitivity difference of more than 3db but that can be corrected by level adjustment within your receiver. If your video monitor is wall mounted then screw the CC and just get another RF82! That's the optimum setup.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have the RC62 and RF83s and they play together very nicely.

I see no reason the the RC52 will not play nicely with the RF82s.

If you can afford the RC62 definitely go for it.

If the 52 is what you can afford get it and don't look back.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The RC62 and RF82's have the same sensitivity rating meaning they use power the same and any time you can get the drivers to be closer to the same size the better. I have had the RC52, 62, and 64 with my 82's, it is a vast improvement in dialogue clarity each step up. Get the 62 because if you don't you are just going to do it in a year or less because you know its the right choice.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suave66 /forum/post/18149270

Can someone explain why 82's and the 52 is not a natural match? The RC-62 crossover is also not an exact match, but it's power handling is identical to the 82's. Is this why it's more suitable?

Thanks

Klipsch speaker packages are voice matched to work together and the RC-62 is part of the RF-82 HT: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...stem-overview/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.