AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm in the process of upgrading our home theater room and need suggestions for a pair of wall mount brackets that will mate with Klipsch RP-250S surround speakers. Ideally, I would like to use the 3/8"-16 threaded insert located near the bottom rear of each speaker, although there is also a keyhole mount located near the top rear of each speaker, as well. I have searched online, but it seems as though mounts are geared more for 1/4"-20 threads, which won't work on these particular speakers.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would like to know the same thing. I was just thinking of using the keyhole mounting option, but my concern is that the screw would actually "snap" from holding up the weight.

The one item I found that is exactly what we would need is not yet available :-( Other websites say discontinued, but the manufacturer says coming soon. Perhaps they found a problem with the original and had to make changes!?! In any event, go to "http://www.omnimount.com/products/s...speaker_mounts/stainless_steel_series/20.0_w/".

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Keyhole works great. Try screwing into a stud in the wall if possible. If not there are drywall anchors that can easily support the weight of the rp250.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would like to know the same thing. I was just thinking of using the keyhole mounting option, but my concern is that the screw would actually "snap" from holding up the weight.

The one item I found that is exactly what we would need is not yet available :-( Other websites say discontinued, but the manufacturer says coming soon. Perhaps they found a problem with the original and had to make changes!?! In any event, go to "http://www.omnimount.com/products/s...speaker_mounts/stainless_steel_series/20.0_w/".
I'm thinking of buying the Klipsch RP-240S surrounds, does anyone know if this mount above will also fit the 240S??

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ended up buying these: http://rslspeakers.com/product/vantage-point-bsme-wallceiling-speaker-mounts-vantage/#.VT2l0ZPT669. The mounts support up to 25 lbs (10 lbs more than these speakers). They work fine and hold up the speakers w/o a big issue. Since the speakers are slightly top heavy due to the threaded insert being at the bottom rather than the middle or top, the speakers only very slightly sag, but overall, the mounts work perfect!

Are you still satisfied with your RSLspeaker mounts you used to mount your klipsch RP-250's?
How did you actually attach the mount to the back of speaker?? Did you insert them into the keyhole ? pls explain .
I want to buy the RP-240S surrounds and am very interested in using this particular RSL wall mount .
Thanks for any information

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you still satisfied with your RSLspeaker mounts you used to mount your klipsch RP-250's?
How did you actually attach the mount to the back of speaker?? Did you insert them into the keyhole ? pls explain .
I want to buy the RP-240S surrounds and am very interested in using this particular RSL wall mount .
Thanks for any information
While I no longer have the speakers, mounts (or house), during the time I did have them, I had no issues. These speakers had a single threaded insert. I did not use the keyhole slot. I've attached a photo for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
While I no longer have the speakers, mounts (or house), during the time I did have them, I had no issues. These speakers had a single threaded insert. I did not use the keyhole slot. I've attached a photo for reference.
Scholar, so the wall mount bracket you used from RSLSpeaker, was a perfect fit for the thread screw hole that you inserted the speaker into?
The thread diameter was fine? Do you happen to remember the exact RSL wall mount you had for your 250's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts