AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - long time lurker, first time posting.

I’m building a home theater in my basement which is a decent sized room. The unfortunate part is that it’s a large open space so not the best for sound dynamics. The room Is Approx 30x20.

I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on what I should choose based on my budget.

I can either get the klipsch rp -8000f with my old klipsch 12 inch subwoofer sub-12hg downfiring

Or I can get

The klipsch rp-5000f with two Klipsch R-100SW 10-inch subs.

I used to have the older version of klipsch rf-82s which I wasn’t a huge fun of. They felt a bit lacking in the larger room and I was running them with a pioneer elite sc-25 amp which had enough power to run them. I also was running them with my old 12 inch sub and it felt a bit lacking maybe because I haven’t figured out the proper placement yet.... but also brought me thinking that I may need 2 subs.

I listen to a lot of music (hip hop) and watch some movies.

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Rather than trying to squeeze everything in your budget now, get the best items now and continue to save for more items in the future. So the 8000f for now.
In the future you can get much better subs than anything Klipsch offers.

·
Registered
19,886 Posts
Hi - long time lurker, first time posting.

I’m building a home theater in my basement which is a decent sized room. The unfortunate part is that it’s a large open space so not the best for sound dynamics. The room Is Approx 30x20.

I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on what I should choose based on my budget.

I can either get the klipsch rp -8000f with my old klipsch 12 inch subwoofer sub-12hg downfiring

Or I can get

The klipsch rp-5000f with two Klipsch R-100SW 10-inch subs.

I used to have the older version of klipsch rf-82s which I wasn’t a huge fun of. They felt a bit lacking in the larger room and I was running them with a pioneer elite sc-25 amp which had enough power to run them. I also was running them with my old 12 inch sub and it felt a bit lacking maybe because I haven’t figured out the proper placement yet.... but also brought me thinking that I may need 2 subs.

I listen to a lot of music (hip hop) and watch some movies.
What's the % of movies vs % music listening you do? 50/50? 30% movies, 70% music?

And what's your total max budget right now?

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
The RF8000s won't change that. They will have nearly identical output. Just that the RPs are said to have less brightness.

So if you're OK with how the RF82s sound but are wanting more impact add one really good sub for now and then maybe another down the road. The HSU VTF3.5 is the best bang for the buck.

Reactions: sigpig
1 - 4 of 4 Posts