AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a few Klipsch RP series speakers. I'm now looking to finish the set. I'm currently using the bookshelfs as my main L and R channels. I would like to get the towers and make these my side or rear speakers. So there are two choices for the Klipsch RP series that would match what I have. Either the 8000s or 8060FA.

Which would you recommend? Would it make more sense to have the height speakers in the towers or in the ceiling. My ceiling is vaulted/cathedral type.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
In or on ceiling. The atmos modules won't work with a vaulted ceiling.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Just get the regular towers, as up-firing Atmos speakers are poor at best, and completely ineffective on a vaulted ceiling.
I agree with Kini62, but you can use small bookshelfs mounted high on the walls for Atmos as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. Just ordered the 800 towers (regular ones).

Any recommendations on a good in-ceiling speaker to go with the RP series Klipschs?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
RSL C34E

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
You probably won't find a similar speaker at anywhere near that price. There are people who have $100K home theatres that use these for Atmos.
They have dual 4.5" woofers and a tweeter in a 15* angled baffle that allows you to aim the speaker at your ears. They are capable of l=playing down to 70Hz, allowing an 80Hz subwoofer crossover.
At $500 for a set of four speakers, I don't think you will find a better deal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You probably won't find a similar speaker at anywhere near that price. There are people who have $100K home theatres that use these for Atmos.
They have dual 4.5" woofers and a tweeter in a 15* angled baffle that allows you to aim the speaker at your ears. They are capable of l=playing down to 70Hz, allowing an 80Hz subwoofer crossover.
At $500 for a set of four speakers, I don't think you will find a better deal.
Awesome, thanks!

What is your thought on this. I will have a 5.1 setup. C, L, R, and rears. Would it make more sense to do 4 height speakers or two front height and ear height side channels?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I would do a 5.1.4 setup - LCR, right and left surround all at ear-level, and 4 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos. Dolby has lots of guides for speaker layouts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts