AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My room is a dedicated home theatre in my basement. The previous owner was a contractor and built the room for that sole purpose, to include conduits running to and from each wall and the control closet in the back of the room. I have access in between the side walls. The room is of typical shape for a dedicated home theatre, being long and narrow. In each corner of the room, the corners angle in at 45 degrees, allowing a mounted/in wall speaker to be aimed directly at the viewer.

I have a Denon AVR X3000 receiver, and all Klipsch speakers, which I haven't installed yet. My current plan: I have an RC-52 II Center Speaker (obviously for the center), (2) RB-61 II Bookshelf Speakers (which I am planning to place in the walls in the front left and right corners of the room), (2) RB-51 II Bookshelf Speakers (which I am planning to place in the walls on left and right side, perpendicular to the viewers), and (2) RS-42 II Surround Speakers (which I am planning to place on the rear left and right corners).

My neighbor suggested putting the RS-42's on the sides and the RB-51's in the back, vice my plan above. He said it had something to do with maximizing the speakers with the receiver I have. He recommended I post this to get some advice from some 'experts.' I am adverse to flipping them because it will be cumbersome to do so, based on the size and shape of the speakers (the RS-42's will be easier to mount in the rear as opposed to the RB-51's). However, I would rather go through some extra headache than compromise sound.

My question: Should I stick with my current plan, or flip the RS-42's with the RB-51s (see title)?

·
Registered
28,889 Posts
wide dispersion RS42 speakers should be the sides and the direct radiating RB-51's should be the surround backs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts