AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I notice a BIG difference if I upgrade to RS-62. I already have de RF-62 with the sub SW-115. My room is 23*12. The surround are maybe at 5 or 6 feet from me.

I listen only movie at medium, high volume and my receiver is the Denon AVR-591!!

thank you!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm also interested in this, since I'm considering getting the rs-42 and I don't think the quality difference will be worth the ~$800 price difference. But I'm interested in hearing some opinions on the matter!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlynx  /t/1414557/klipsch-rs-42-vs-rs-62#post_23280037

I'm also interested in this, since I'm considering getting the rs-42 and I don't think the quality difference will be worth the ~$800 price difference. But I'm interested in hearing some opinions on the matter!

I am running the RS42's. I couldn't see paying the difference even between those and the 52's. That one speaker costs as much as many home theater in the box systems on it's own so it should perform well....and it does.

I don't have a huge home theater but I have had to cut them back a little because they can be a little intrusive at times.

At only 5 to 6 feet. I really wouldn't fall for paying more than I need to. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
My system consists of:

Speaker / Listening distance

RF-83's / 14'

RF-62 / 13'

RS-42's / 5-6'

I am very satisfied with the RS-42's they carry their share of the load very well and at times still surprise me with just how robust their sound is.

I do not think the RS-42's will disappoint.

Now, having said that I do think each step up sounds better.

Lots of factors come into play when selecting speakers though; price, size, aesthetics....

In my case the surround speakers needed to wall mount and one had to fit above a door on one side of the room, being a living room my seating area is spread out so being able to position the speakers so the drivers pointed at different seats was also a plus.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just upgraded from rs-42i to rs-62ii.

Pros

Definitely an improvement. Much fuller sound. 5 ch stereo for music is phenomenal with these.

Cons

These speakers are huge compared. So WAF is not good.

Pricey.... Would not have upgraded at retail price on these. Only reason I got them is my neighbor is a klipsch dealer a got them at cost.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampat  /t/1414557/klipsch-rs-42-vs-rs-62#post_22112369

Will I notice a BIG difference if I upgrade to RS-62. I already have de RF-62 with the sub SW-115.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlynx  /t/1414557/klipsch-rs-42-vs-rs-62#post_23280037

If you discover the upgrade would be a nice improvement, I might point you towards Mike Garrett ([email protected]). He's helping me get a really good deal on Klipsch speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts