AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local guy is selling a Klipsch RW-12 Subwoofer (3 years old) for $225. Anyone have any opinions on this sub and if its a good price? Seems like it was a well regarded sub at the time.

Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucellus /forum/post/15508394

A local guy is selling a Klipsch RW-12 Subwoofer (3 years old) for $225. Anyone have any opinions on this sub and if its a good price? Seems like it was a well regarded sub at the time.

Thanks

rw-12 is nice but you really want the more robust "reference" rsw-12 if a 12" is your desire in the Klipsch brand...not sure they still make it though...the old rw-12 boasts about half the power of the rsw and it is ported while the rsw uses a 12" passive radiator...

·
Registered
16,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramskoi /forum/post/15515378

rw-12 is nice but you really want the more robust "reference" rsw-12 if a 12" is your desire in the Klipsch brand...not sure they still make it though...the old rw-12 boasts about half the power of the rsw and it is ported while the rsw uses a 12" passive radiator...

The RSW12 has been unavailable for a while, now. And even a used one would sell for considerably more than $225. The OP is simply asking whether a used RW-12 @ $225 is a reasonable deal or not.

sucellus, I would say that that is probably about the right asking price. I would check on how much you can get the current RW-12d for, new, as well as a new Sub12.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a new rw-12d seems to be going for about $550. He came down to $200, this seems like the best I'm going to get for that price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts