AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to pull the trigger on the SW-112 when I found the RW-12D for about $50 cheaper. I have been trying to research them both and the biggest difference that I can find so far is that the RW-12D freq response is about 2 hz lower and handles more power 340W cont vs 300W.

The Sw-112 is currently in production while the RW-12D is discontinued. The sub is going to be in a carpeted room with a fairly open design on the back wall.

Which would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
133 Posts
My main concern is SPL so I am ordering the RW-12d right now. There is a port noise issue on this sub at loud volumes on low frequencies which a lot of people complained about but honestly i don't know what it is hence i will be ordering it for it's high SPL. Many people wrote in their reviews that it shook their house which really attracted me to this sub. If you mainly watch movies you might also wanna consider the BIC PL-200 at $270.

Can anyone explain what port noise sounds like and how annoying it is?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I own dual PL-200s and have ordered two Klipsch RW-12s. I have never heard port noise from my PL-200s or my Velodyne DPS 12 so I have no idea what it is. When I get my Klipsch subs in I will compare them to my PL-200s. I will post pictures also. I will test those Klipsch subs with the opening of Titan A.E. and some Star Wars 2.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn kid /forum/post/20855291

I own dual PL-200s and have ordered two Klipsch RW-12s. I have never heard port noise from my PL-200s or my Velodyne DPS 12 so I have no idea what it is. When I get my Klipsch subs in I will compare them to my PL-200s. I will post pictures also. I will test those Klipsch subs with the opening of Titan A.E. and some Star Wars 2.

What is your take on the Klipsch RW-12d and how does it compare to the PL-200 ? thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex solomon /forum/post/21049765

What is your take on the Klipsch RW-12d and how does it compare to the PL-200 ? thanks.

I did a basic comparison on bot of these subs in a thread called " can this sub be beat for $349". The Klipsch sub is a really good sub but so is the PL-200.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.