AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a theater built at 10x21. I just bought a Denon 2809CI and the speakers are Klipsch 52 series except the center channel is a RC-62. The sub is a Klipsch RW-10D. Any recommendation on what settings to use on the sub? Any help would be great. I am looking for a nice solid response yet not to shake the house if this helps.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I assume you have the RF 52 towers? With the subwoofer freq cutoff set it as high as it goes, in the receivers menu set the cutoff freq at 80hrz, if you have smaller speakers with not much bass set the sub to 100hrz or even 120hrz. Phase on the back of the sub is something just to play around with but normally set it to 0. Then if you have multiple placement options, follow this video for best sub placement, its the simple without need REW or a SPL meter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3oLLMgS-M

·
Registered
16,998 Posts
Set the sub's own low-pass filter (sometimes called the "crossover") setting as high as it will go. If there is a filter "bypass" option, use that. If there is a phase switch or knob, set it to 0°. Then use the receiver's Audyssey calibration and EQ feature to adjust and set the levels of your speakers and the sub. The volume setting to use on the sub can be determined empirically. If your receiver sets your speakers to LARGE, you should experiment with setting them to SMALL, as there are advantages in doing so. There is a dedicated Audyssey thread in the amps and receivers sub-forum that you may want to explore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.