AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

first off I want to say hello. seems to be a wealth of knowledge here! im fairly new with the home theater stuff but hopefully you can help me out with a question. I recently purchased a klipsch rb-41 system like this http://www.klipsch.com/rb-41-ii-home-theater-system/details except with a sw-310 sub instead of the one listed. well seems just about all the reading ive been doing people recommend setting up their pioneer sc-1222 global cross over to 80 hz. well after looking at the specs on the speakers I have im wondering if that's such a good idea and afraid it might damage the speakers over time or i just wont get the best sound possible. i pulled these specs off klipsch website. these numbers in particular are what made me raise an eye brow

~~RB-41 II Bookshelf Speakers ~~Frequency Response: 85Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

~~RS-41 II Surround Speakers ~~Frequency Response: 85Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

~~RC-42 II Center Speaker~~Frequency Response: 88Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

going off those numbers would I be asking for problems setting my global xover to 80 like so many people recommend? or am I just misunderstanding what those values really mean.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Yes, start at 100, you might even want to go to 120. When I had my NHT SuperZeros I found the system sounded best at 120hz.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Look at the specs on your front main speakers.

They appear to roll off above just 90 hz, so 100 hz would appear to be the logical setting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ok that was how I was understanding it too, but since im fairly new to this stuff I needed verification in case i misunderstood things and before I did something stupid

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have a similar set up, rc 52 and RB 51, if I set co at 100, then I also should but my sub at 100 to avoid a gap, correct

·
Registered
9,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679  /t/1525400/klipsch-speakers-and-pioneer-sc-1222-set-up-question#post_24560957

I have a similar set up, rc 52 and RB 51, if I set co at 100, then I also should but my sub at 100 to avoid a gap, correct

If you're setting the crossover in the AVR then you'll want set the sub to LFE or to the highest setting or disable, whatever your sub supports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts