AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have listened to quite a few speakers in the last few months and have decided to go with the Klipsch Reference series speakers. Only problem is I cannot find anywhere to buy them online or offline. Sound Advice is my only local store that used to sell them. They quit selling them for some reason. I would like to find a little competition on these speakers from a couple of online places. Not to many places sell the Reference series.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Klipsch is trying to keep the Reference line in Brick-and-Mortar specialty stores. They want them to be heard in good set-ups, against serious competition, and they want good after-sale support. The Reference line is what keeps the polish on the Klipsch name, so they want to protect it. Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
There are many places to buy them online. However, I would recommend getting them from a local store as the manufacturer's warranty will not be valid. There are other obvious reasons as well. If this does not concern you or you are only interested in saving money, PM me and I can give you a few links.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sound Advice took the big company attitude and decided that if they could not sell the Reference and the Synergy lines, they would not sell any of them. Now we all suffer. Thanks alot Sound Advice.

Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just was looking at the RF-7's the other day in West Palm Beach at Audio Advisors. They are on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. I've never purchased anything there so I can't tell you about their service, I just happened to be in the area and wanted to take a look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.