AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of Pro Media 2.1 for my Audigy MP3+ card and I love the sound that comes out of there. I have damaged hearing and for the first time in a years I can hear everything. Carmina Burana as I remember it as a kid.

Are the Klipsch Quintets basically the same speaker? I would like to get some for the DVD player in the bedroom. Currently it is a Panasonic DVD hooked to a Pioneer 20" TV/VCR combo via the front AV jacks. Frankly, I'm frustrated watching TV because I can't hear well enough to understand dialog, Thank god for closed captioning. What I'm looking for is something to make it so I can hear the TV again.

Restrictions: The bedroom is small, 10x10 and cramped. Size is important. The smaller the better. That's another reason I like the Quintets, I could mount them on the wall and not block anything.

Who knows, if this works out, I may be able to rework the stereo in the living room.

TIA,

DYM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, another question. THX Certification. I notice that the Pro Media have this but not the Quintets. Does certification apply to the speakers, amplifiers, or the whole package?

Again, TIA!

DYM

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
the quintets would be a fine speaker for the bedroom. you will not get a tremendous amount of performance out of them, but they are a huge upgrade from the speaker in the television. they are not THX certified, and really don't even come close to thx certification. they are just a nice speaker at a decent price that has a small footprint.

they should suit your needs well.

Nick

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I use the 400w Klipsch Pro Media 4.1 system for my PC with a Creative SB Live 2000 sound card. Awsome system for DVD, CD and MP3. Klipsch now has a PM 5.1 system out.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.