AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy one of these sub-woofers:

Klipsch Sub-12 i can get for $199

Velodyne DSP-12 for $399

These two are my only options since i will use my gift cards.

Please help to decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar747 /forum/post/15531685


I have a chance to buy one of these sub-woofers:

Klipsch Sub-12 i can get for $199

Velodyne DSP-12 for $399

These two are my only options since i will use my gift cards.

Please help to decide.

Hey, Avatar, I'll take one at that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Can't you use Best Buy gift cards online?


I think that would open up your options significantly, to include a $550 Martin Logan, and a few other options in the $2-400 range, including Polk and DefTech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,926 Posts
I have been to several Best Buys in the Toronto and Ajax Area and none of them had one hooked up for auditioning. I would really like to hear this sub before buying but the sale ends in two days. Is this thing really worth the (albeit low price) $299???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabea /forum/post/15545994


I have been to several Best Buys in the Toronto and Ajax Area and none of them had one hooked up for auditioning. I would really like to hear this sub before buying but the sale ends in two days. Is this thing really worth the (albeit low price) $299???

yes it is. retail on it is $499.00+

It doesn't compare with a $1000.00 Sub but then Your not looking for a $1000.00 Sub or you wouldn't be askin right? lol


You will not find better woofage for the price (brand new).


test,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,602 Posts
I like the DPS subs, sound nice. But the one thing that drives me bezerk (my father-in-law owns the 10") is the utterly useless gain control. Can't believe Velo would incorporate such a useless control on one of their subs. I.e., the +/- buttons seem to either go over what you need or under, and you have no idea outside of "faster or slow blinking lights" where the gain is at.


Never heard the Sub-12.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
I've heard the sub-10 (not the sub-12), and the sub-10 sounds really good. The only other subs I've heard in a closed environment is a Bose and the sub-10 is 10x better. So I would expect the sub-12 to be better than the 10 considering the wattage is double and the size is larger. If you can get it for that low price I say take it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I've had the Sub12 for about a week now. I do have to say i'm pretty impressed with it. This however is my first Sub and HT system so i'm not one to give a good recommendation. I have on order a Ed A5 350, so i purchased the Sub 12 to get me through until I receive that.


The Sub12 will hit some low notes it feels like. Watched Transformers and there is a scene near the end when they are fighting in the streets in the city and one of the transformers shoots towards the ground to make itself flip over a screaming lady in slow motion and through that scene you can really feel a huge bass rush. With how good the Sub12 handles it, i'm excited cause everything i've read says the Ed sub will outperform it. I believe the Sub12 goes to 24 Hz while the Ed will go to 16 Hz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Guys:


Sorry for the off topic reply:


Would I be better off with a PC12-NSD in a 4500cuft room or for the price I can get two SUB 12's... I am inclinded to think 2 Sub 12's would fill the area better. I am not looking for a lot of infrabass that much... 25Hz to 80Hz is where the sub will operate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Kamps,


Quit posting in every single thread with the same question. Make a post with your question (in detail) and wait for a reply. Bump it tomorrow if you don't have a reply by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorstag /forum/post/15747835


Kamps,


Quit posting in every single thread with the same question. Make a post with your question (in detail) and wait for a reply. Bump it tomorrow if you don't have a reply by then.


+1 i do agree. I thought we had discussed this in a thread started by you K-amp.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top