AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking about maybe getting them and using the Rs41's as rears for a 7.1 setup. I'm only using 5.1 right now even though my receiver can do 7.1. But, I hear a lot of people say that 7.1 is not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'm thinking about maybe getting them and using the Rs41's as rears for a 7.1 setup. I'm only using 5.1 right now even though my receiver can do 7.1. But, I hear a lot of people say that 7.1 is not worth the trouble.
I think you've already talked yourself into it. If you have the funds then do it. I have 7.1 and I like it, but I can see where some think it doesn't make that much of a difference. I still have my Klipsch RB-75 5.1 system and if I were still using it, I'd add rears and Atmos heights.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've had several different surround speakers and can't say I've ever really had a preference to one over the others. I think rear surrounds should really be mono-pole. For the sides it's OK to have di/bi-pole because you want ambient and not direct sound. However I think the back speakers should be mono-pole especially for SACD. You don't want the rears to be ambient, but have the appropriate steering queues to provide sound and movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts