AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I would like to get some input of a home theatre I'm putting together.  95% of it will be for watching movies.

I have a rather large living room 24' x 18' with 8' ceilings.  Next to my 60" Samsung LED television which is in a small corner, I have about 2' of room before hitting the fireplace.  I was thing of using that space for the subwoofer.  Don't have much room for front standing floor speakers.  Anyhow my budget is around $1500 for the speakers and receiver.  Haven't researched any receivers yet.  Figured I get the speakers first,

I have narrowed it down to the following:

Definitive Technology:
  • 4 - Pro Monitor 1000 - front and rear
  • 1 - Pro Center 2000 - center

The problem is figuring out the subwoofer.  I have looked at many reviews and was going to buy the Klipsch SW-110.  Then this morning I found great reviews for the BIC America F-12.  The Klipsch is $500 on Amazon and the BIC America is on sale for $182.  Big difference...  They both seem like good choices.

Can anyone tell me which one might be better for my setup?

·
Registered
14,559 Posts
Neither...with 1500.00 budget for everything, I would allocate atleast 500-600.00 for a sub and look at something along the lines of a SVS PB-1000, HSU VTF-2, or a Rythmik LV12. The sub is what makes or breaks a System.

Look at Polk Direct- go with some RTI-A3 fronts, CSI A6 center, FXI-A6 rear.

Should be able to find a decent AVR for around 300.00 especially with black friday around the corner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts