AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just gotten into home audio. On advice from this board, I bought a pioneer 816 and 4 Insignia bookshelfs that I'm using in a 4.0 system. The speakers sound great, but I'd like a bit more at the bottom end.

A friend-of-a-friend has offered to sell me his old (mid-90s) Klipsch SW10 for $120. Is that a good price? The info on the sub from Klipsch's website (I can't post links) is here:

-------------

Detailed Description

You have selected a Klipsch Classic product. The SW-10 subwoofer was first introduced in 1993 and manufactured by Klipsch until 1994. While no longer in production, SW-10 model subwoofers are still owned and listened to by Klipsch fans around the world as part of two-channel audio and home theater surround sound systems. To connect with other people who are passionate about audio and interested in Klipsch Classic products, visit one the several Klipsch Classic areas on our open forum bulletin bo areas on our open forum bulletin board.

SW-10 Specifications

frequency response 30Hz-120Hz±3dB

low pass crossover[/b] Continuously variable from 40-120Hz, 24dB/octave slope above 120Hz
subwoofer K-1013-K 10" (25.4cm) Fiber-composite cone active / KD-122-K 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone passive
phase Switchable 0 or 180 degrees
enclosure material Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
enclosure type Bass reflex via passive radiator
outputs 2) Line level RCA phono jacks (fixed 80Hz HP - 6dB/octave slope) and 2) High level speaker terminals (fixed 120Hz HP - 6dB/octave slope)
inputs 2) Line level RCA phono jacks and 2) High level speaker terminals
dimensions 21.25" (54cm) x 14" (35.6cm) x 15.09" (38.3cm)
weight 43 lbs. (19.5kg)
finishes Walnut Oil, Walnut Lacquer, Oak Oil, Oak Clear, Oak Lacquer, Black, Black Lacquer

built from 1993

built until 1994

------------------

Would you recommend a new Dayton sub-80 instead, for about the same price?

I live in an apartment building (on the third floor), and so the walls and floors are relatively thin. I don't want to make my neighbors hate me, and so I don't need massive bass. Clean, tight bass is what I'm after. For a rather low price. I'm a grad student, on a very limited budget.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.