AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know now that Bestbuy has the Magnolia area with the Klipsch setup. My question is does Best Buy negotiate on price, or are you pretty much stuck paying MSRP on their stuff? Do they have stuff in store that they don't list online?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius /forum/post/0

I know now that Bestbuy has the Magnolia area with the Klipsch setup. My question is does Best Buy negotiate on price, or are you pretty much stuck paying MSRP on their stuff? Do they have stuff in store that they don't list online?

Why not just go in and ask?

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I went in and asked for pricing on a 7 speaker package and the salesman said they would take 10% off the total, though I got nothing off when I bought my Sonos package, so it probably depends. Also, many times they honor the same deals the BB is having, like 20% of all home theater items or no interest financing.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
You can negotiate with BB if you can show they are being beaten in price. They have price matched for me against adds i have shown them for DVD's (not internet, but adds from Wal Mart who happens to be a 50 yards down the road from them). Magnolia will not negotiate or discount. It's full bust our retail there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lexa,

I was at a BB Magnolia store last week auditioning some speakers and the sales person actually wanted to bargain throwing at the comment that "If you take it today, I can give you a great price". This particular person offered a pair of Def Tech 7002 at $150 under msrp. Maybe I got lucky, who knows.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/0

Completly agree, that is baffling, and is the reason I did not accept the offer I mentioned above. They couldn't even order it.

I wonder if I can mix my RC3 with the RF82 and RS41s correctly. They are all Reference Line, so I would imagine it should work, no?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey All, I went last weekend to BB and the Magnolia, I received price match on all my klipsch speakers, I bought 7, and I was given price match from a local store who would give me the rf-82 for 849, rc-52 for 269, rb51's for 269, and rs42's for 379. I just took an email I received from them, to the store and they honored it. Then I went back to the local store and they gave me credit for the rc-52 and I paid an extra 136 for the rc-62. So, from my experience, they were very easy to work with, they price matched and I now have every speaker I wanted for a good price.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensmarcum /forum/post/0

Hey All, I went last weekend to BB and the Magnolia, I received price match on all my klipsch speakers, I bought 7, and I was given price match from a local store who would give me the rf-82 for 849, rc-52 for 269, rb51's for 269, and rs42's for 379. I just took an email I received from them, to the store and they honored it. Then I went back to the local store and they gave me credit for the rc-52 and I paid an extra 136 for the rc-62. So, from my experience, they were very easy to work with, they price matched and I now have every speaker I wanted for a good price.

Sounds pretty good. Were you able to use the latest financing offer until 2010 on the Klipsch stuff at BB? I assume the RB51/RS42s pricing are for a pair, correct?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I didnt use BB financing. I assume you can but I dont know for sure, I dont see why not. I had a gift card for 1750 that I had when i sent BB my bose **** and they sent me the gift card. YES!!! I won on that deal!! It's good to have contacts on the inside!! Yes that was the pair price for the 51's and 42's. I wish you well in your endeavor. The more I listen to these speakers the more I LOVE THEM!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The BB deal till 2010 will work with the klipsch speakers, I just got me a pair last night
they were like 5-7 dollars above msrp but... if you purchase a reciever with any speakers you get 10% off your whole purchase as well as the 3 year financing. I had them price match the reciever with CC with was $100 cheaper for some reason so they didn't take the 10% off the receiver but all my speakers got the discount. Saved me $150

·
Registered
476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomxc /forum/post/0

The BB deal till 2010 will work with the klipsch speakers, I just got me a pair last night
they were like 5-7 dollars above msrp but... if you purchase a reciever with any speakers you get 10% off your whole purchase as well as the 3 year financing. I had them price match the reciever with CC with was $100 cheaper for some reason so they didn't take the 10% off the receiver but all my speakers got the discount. Saved me $150

What did you end up purchasing?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've been looking at the Klipsch speakers at BB online. The Synergy III's. Then today in the mail I got some coupons from BB. One of them is 33% off Audio, Home Theatre in a box, Speakers, etc if you buy ANY TV. I was thinking of picking up a cheap TV for my son and getting new speakers for my HT setup. I've never heard them in person, are they good?

Oh, the coupon isn't good on the Magnolia HT stuff...

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
33% is a good deal I'd say. Go listen! Some people don't like the Synergy series, some say it's now nearly as good as the previous generation Reference.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn /forum/post/0

33% is a good deal I'd say. Go listen! Some people don't like the Synergy series, some say it's now nearly as good as the previous generation Reference.

Thanks. I'm going to try to "audition" them sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yes when it comes to listening at Best Buy an "audition" with quotation marks is about the closest you can get. It does help to take your own CD(s) to listen to, so at least you are familiar with the material. Some stores may not allow you to swap in your own discs, but in our local store it is possible. Magnolia should definitely allow you to do that but they won't have the Synergy speakers in that section.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensmarcum /forum/post/0

Wait. You were able to get a competitive price from a local store, then took the price to BB/Magnolia and had them match it? Why not just buy the speakers from the local dealer instead? Keep the profits local whenever possible. I'm sure the Best Buy executives will thank you dearly when they collect their year-end bonuses.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.