AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a small room, only 2300 cubic feet, 300+ square feet floor space. i want to put a 7.1 klipsch thx ultra 2 system in there.( 650s * 5 and two surrounds) i'll probably end up with two svs pc ultra/2 boxes as my new subs. will this work in that space? will anyone be able to stand it? is this likely to sound great?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
My room is much smaller then yours (1770 cubic feet), and I am running the 525s Ultra 2s up front. I can't imagine you would be unhappy with the 650s in your room size. Two of those subs would be more, way more, then what I have (1 SVS PC-Ultra). I think you could try just one to begin with, and add a second one if you really need it, although I will admit you can never have to much subwoofer power.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My room is exactly the same size and I purchased the THX system with the 650's for the front and the KS-525 for the side and rear surrounds. I went with the dual Klipsch subs with the proprietary amp. Two Ultra/2 subs would be WAY more than you need for that space. You would probably end up turning them down so low that you would not be using them to there full potential.

I agree with SRR. Start with one Ultra/2 or single Ultra and add more if you need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.