rc-35 center

rw-12 sub

vs.

Axiom:

m22ti fronts

qs8 surrounds

vp150 center

ep125 sub

I've heard the Klipsch's and I love them, however I've read really good things about the Axioms.

Any insight on why one would be better than the other?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm sure this isn’t exactly the "advice" you are looking for, but it’s the best I (or anyone really) can give. Listen to both, if possible in your own home, and then make your choice.

Other than that, I can share my honest opinion ;)

I have Axiom M80ti's and completely love them - I listened to the Kiplisch speakers when I was in "buy" mode, and found the highs to be to harsh and/or "airy" almost like they had a strange built in echo.

Before anyone freaks out… the whole point of speaker choice and opinion is - "to each, his own." Never has that oft overused phrase been so true. Enjoy your search!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sagz
I've heard the Klipsch's and I love them, however I've read really good things about the Axioms.
;) Heard vs Read? Don't ever rely on what you read about someone else listen. You might like other things.

Differences? Just a few: Axioms are more mellow or gentle, Klipsch more detailed, more lifelike, more efficient and will reach higher SPL levels without distortion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chronosphere
;) Heard vs Read? Don't ever rely on what you read about someone else listen. You might like other things.

Differences? Just a few: Axioms are more mellow or gentle, Klipsch more detailed, more lifelike, more efficient and will reach higher SPL levels without distortion.
Chronosphere,

Have you distorted the Axiom M22s? I've got mine hooked up to my HK525 and have had them at obscene volumes without distortion. Anyone who "listens" to them at the level I had them won't be listening to much of anything for long.

Sagz,

Stop by www.axiomaudio.com check out the Axiom audition thread and see if you can listen to them in your area. If you find someone, go buy the Klipsches and take them to do an A-B comparison with the Axioms. Just make sure the store that sells the Klipsches takes returns :)

Frank

·
Registered
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fmowry
Have you distorted the Axiom M22s?
Yes, at a little more than 100dB's. They are good speakers, specially for a relatively small room. But just by the law of physics they can't compete in raw SPL against a horn driven speaker. My Heresy's goes all the way to more than 110dB without complaining (painful experience by the way).

Of course, not everybody like to hear that loud, but Im happy to know I can if I want, besides, that means that at lower SPL's horn speakers are still distorting less. That was the main goal of the designer of the Klipsch Heritage line.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The new 35 line are awsome speakers. I just got mine about 2 months ago (though I got the RF instead of RB). Huge improvement over the older 3 line, IMHO.

My only complaint would be that RW-12 sub, however. The new Klipsch subs are great sounding, no doubt leagues ahead of thier older ones. But at $600 (I'm assuming authorized retail), if you have the room you can get a SVS 20-39PCi which I think is an all around a better woofer.

Of course, if floor space is a problem than a 39" tall cylinder might be out of the question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.