AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the two on sale which one is a better option? I know Klipsch is $200 cheaper but Bose has $300 discount. I am not big audiophile and just looking for a home theater setup to watch movies in the basement. I am not too concern with space saving as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thansk

klipsch
Klipsch Synergy 50 5.0 Home Theatre System - Black sale $500 regular $600

bose
Bose Acoustimass 10 Series IV Home Entertainment Speaker System sale $700 regular $1000

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Klipsch speakers but they beat the brakes off of anything made by Bose. Understand that Bose ceased to be a speaker company decades ago (and they weren't exactly great at it then) and became a marketing company that traded on the Bose name. Run, don't walk, away from anything with the Bose name on it.

Reactions: philmike21

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
The worst speaker made by Klipsch is better than the best speaker made by Bose.
Though Bose speakers are extremely overpriced (which means I would never own a pair), I disagree with your statement.

If you were to say: at any given price, Klipsch speakers are preferred over Bose, then I would agree. Audio reproduction is too personal to say which is better if the cost factor is not a variable - each brand hosts a different tweeter.

In regards to the OP, many would agree that these specific Klipsch line of speakers are a better value and you will probably have a better experience with them. They are probably on sale because of the new release of the Klipsch Reference Premier line. I will never own a Bose product knowingly

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
May the Klipsch be with you.

Of those options definitely pass on the Bose.

Best regards,
KvE

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
It is not a fair comparison:
Klipsch speaker has a bigger midbass and has a tweeter.
Bose AM sat has a small midbass and nothing else.

Now, the Bose system has a bass module and the Quintet you would have to still buy a sub...but combine the Quintet with a Dayton Audio SUB1200 and you would have better lows, better highs and as good or better mids!
Btw, Amazon has the Quintet for 250 right now
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-QUINTET-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B002HWRKA2

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have klipsch speakers but I dont like the synergy series at all, they sound very tinny and harsh to my ears. For the money I would go with some Behringer PA speakers 215xl. I bought one to test it out and was very impressed with how well it compared to my klipsch towers.
They are ugly but sound decent for $215 bucks shipped and play rather loud.

And you cant really compare klipsch to bose, two entirely differnt style speakers. One rocks one is a waste of money, only thing good bose makes is the soundlink mini.If you want klipsch call an authorised dealer and get some of last years reference II line, I bet you would basically steal it.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Found it

So even though I did take measurements of my space a few weeks back, I did so using my Klipsch mains. I was having a hard time finding the motivation to run a stereo measurement of my Bose...thankfully I have friends here that are willing to give me the push I need...

So without further delay. L/R Bose Jewel Cubes + Bose acoustimass module...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Between the two on sale which one is a better option? I know Klipsch is $200 cheaper but Bose has $300 discount. I am not big audiophile and just looking for a home theater setup to watch movies in the basement. I am not too concern with space saving as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thansk

klipsch
Klipsch Synergy 50 5.0 Home Theatre System - Black sale $500 regular $600

bose
Bose Acoustimass 10 Series IV Home Entertainment Speaker System sale $700 regular $1000
One of the two is not like the other.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I would say go have a listen for yourself and let your ears make the decision.

The bose sets up are made to sound the best though in the stores...they are set up to fool the unexpected.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If I had the choice to be hung drawn and quartered, or Bose, I'd choose the former.
I disagree too. I don't mind the Bose, they are not my choice. Definitely overpriced for what you get. I would rather keep my limbs and enjoy my theater.

Of those two pick the Klipsch. Add a decent inexpensive sub and you will love them in your theater. The Bose will not be able to match them. NODES is right, the Bose sound really nice in the store. You will never hear them sound like that at home. They have them positioned perfectly around you in an unrealistic setup. Spread out the speakers and you will hear (or won't hear) the holes in the sound.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts