AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is subjective so this is only my opinion - I compared RF-25 5.1 setup vs Mirage (Omnisats Micro and Omni 260).

1) Omnisats did great for a DVD, but for music.... grrr... My gf was looking at me like - what is that??

2) Kilpsch by far has deeper sound on the mids... What also helped comparison was to turn the subs off in both cases.

So.. for those of you who like Klipsch - you WIN -:)

Those of you that stand by Mirage - please do not flame me -:)

·
Registered
859 Posts
not really a fair comparisson, imo. you're comparing a pair of reference series speakers with 'budget' pair of spakers?

but, yeah... i'm not a big fan of titanium tweeters. so much more. when it's loaded in a horn. especially for music listening. you should of compared Mirage's OM series speakers instead.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I have found that with Mirage, set up can be more tricky. How far away from the walls did you have the Omni 260's?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
ladislav_1969,

I went through the same thing and came away the same way. AS I had a SVS sub I listened to both setups witout subs. I did set the front to large to test the lows of the Mirage vs. Klipsch (in my case Ref-35). I found the same thing, the Klipsch had fuller, cleaner soudn through out the range. The Mirage Omni-260s did have a wider more engulfing sound stage, but the Klipsch were fine. The Mirages had trobles with lows, their woofers could not hanlde the extreme lows of Blue Man Group, which woudl be fine if they were set to small, but the Klipsch had no problems down low. As for others that say the comparison is not fair, the Omni-260s cariied a price tag equal or a tad higher than the Ref-35 setup so if they are not sonically equal they sure woudl be a fair comparison from a budget point of view. Don't get me wrong, I like the Mirages and had they been a little cleaner and fuller and handled the lows better I owuld have bought them as the sound stage was awesome. And true, some don't like the high end of the Klipsch. I have no problme with it as I feel it is reproducing high accuratley where other speakers tend to muffle/mute them a bit. It is more pronounced on older CDs where they lack the dynamic range and usually give up the lows so they tend to sound top ended and bright, but on current dynamic material they sound great!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kevin - they were pretty close to the wall - couple of feet away..

kluken - although speaker selection is very personal, I agree with you on Klipsch point. In fact, I just ordered them - the entire 5.1 setup of RF-25 cost me $1500 and it will sound pretty damn good in my small living room.

To my ear they sound a bit better and are a litttle less -:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.