Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some assistance:

I bought a ksw12, last years model Klipsh home sub from Best Buy. The sub sounds good for movies but for music there is much to be desired. The sound doesn't hold a note. Its like you get a harsh attach and then it antenuates.

I was thinking it had something to do with the downfiring of the sub and maybe just the box volume and tuning. I was thinking of building a front firing ported enclosure to similar specs. Possibly make the box a bit larger or smaller possbly. I would probably isolate the amp on the enclosure as to not discrupt the waves insinde the box.

I've built quite a few car boxes but this is my first try at a home box. My main concerns are:

What kind of tuning frequency range are home subs usually in?

Is it more likely my sub is the problem? the current box? or the amp?

I'm not really interested in anything to do with buying something else. This is just something I want to do for experience with home subs. I do plan to get a much better sub setup but I have no idea what I want and it will probably be somewhat complex and expensive so, I'm not going to upgrade just a little right now. So that is why I just want to build a box for the most part.

Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
512 Posts
You would need to get all the specs on the driver and use some software to calculate tuning/dimensions. My guess would be that your sub enclosure is already optimized for that driver.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured I'd just figure the tuning frequency and calclulate a new box based that runing frequency altering the size a little maybe. I figure t/s parameters are not going to be available for my sub, so this is my best shot. I wonder if the thing is underpowered, might like a little smaller box.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can anybody point to me a section or other forum where there are people knowledgeable on this topic???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.