AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelly1000  /t/1522830/kliptch-rf-82-2-speaker#post_24490092

I've only had these speakers a couple of days it's the first pair of kliptch I've had
Could you please post your comments about these RF82ii?

·
Registered
153 Posts

It all depends if you like horn loaded speakers. I've had mine for over a year now. I use them for ht and music. Here in Canada at 1200$ msrp in my opinion you cant get more bang for the buck. I'm not saying there isnt anything better out there but for the price they are incredible but it all comes down to what type of sound you like. Klipsch are very forward, in you're face with all the qualities and disadvantges that come with it. Dynamics, bass, wide soundstage, natural sound for me is what i love about them.  A lot of people find them harsh and i did too for a while until i found out that my room  was the cause. I have demoed ML electromotion, Focal 726, Dynaudio, Waferdhale. bare in mind that the first 3 are way more expensive. But for the life of me i cannot stand listening to metal tweeters anymore. They all sound artificial to me. If you decide to go the Klipsch way keep in mind that if you want to get the best out of them you will need to put some consideration into room acoustic treatment and positioning as they can be quite unforgiving being horn loaded and bass ported. But the rewards are worht it.

·
Registered
153 Posts

Oh and i forgot to mention yes they can take a hell of alot of punishment. More than my ears can.

Reactions: Snelly1000

·
Registered
3,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francky  /t/1522830/kliptch-rf-82-2-speaker#post_24497182

It all depends if you like horn loaded speakers. I've had mine for over a year now. I use them for ht and music. Here in Canada at 1200$ msrp in my opinion you cant get more bang for the buck. I'm not saying there isnt anything better out there but for the price they are incredible but it all comes down to what type of sound you like. Klipsch are very forward, in you're face with all the qualities and disadvantges that come with it. Dynamics, bass, wide soundstage, natural sound for me is what i love about them.  A lot of people find them harsh and i did too for a while until i found out that my room  was the cause. I have demoed ML electromotion, Focal 726, Dynaudio, Waferdhale. bare in mind that the first 3 are way more expensive. But for the life of me i cannot stand listening to metal tweeters anymore. They all sound artificial to me. If you decide to go the Klipsch way keep in mind that if you want to get the best out of them you will need to put some consideration into room acoustic treatment and positioning as they can be quite unforgiving being horn loaded and bass ported. But the rewards are worht it.
How is your room construction? Concrete? Shiny floor tiles?

·
Registered
153 Posts

basement, hardwood imitation floors, fibreboard ceiling tiles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've only had these speakers just over a week I've heard really good reviews on these so thought I'd get a pair it did originally have the wharfedale xarus 5000s they was me first pair of good speakers and they had some umph, with these kliptch the vocals are brilliant I've not heard anything like these before as these are the first pair I've owned with horns!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello I've just bought the tannoy ts10 subwoofer to go with my kliptch rf 82 speakers I was just wondering what HZ I should turn the sub upto to blend with me speakers???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello I've just bought the tannoy ts10 subwoofer to go with my kliptch rf 82 speakers I was just wondering what HZ I should turn the sub upto to blend with me speakers???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
371 Posts
You may need to re-think your sub. A sealed 10 is not going to come close to keeping up with those rf-82s. What size is your room?

·
Registered
371 Posts
In that case you will get a bit more from whatever sub you choose, but the minimum I would consider would be a ported 12 or sealed 15. Those Klipsch speakers can produce very high peak spl figures so a small sub will effectively hamstring the system

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for your advice I'll take this into account, I've heard the kliptch subwoofers ain't that good have you any recommended subwoofers that would sound nice with these speakers? When you say hamstring the system what's this actually mean!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I owned the rf82 with 62 center for a few weeks about 3 years ago. The vocals were quite good but I had little midbass. The local mom and pop I bought them from told me the needed some juice to open up so I bought an XPA3. It made a huge difference in midbass and sounded so much better even way below loud levels although they never had very impressive midbass even after that, yet detail and imaging was very good. We ended up returning them after the scene in Jurasic Park 3 when they are attempting to escape the island and the sound of the airplane props sweeps across the front stage. Me and my wife were both in pain. Overall it was just hard for me to listen to them for any length of time even in my treated theater.. But many love them so maybe our ears are too sensitive. All that matters to you should be your ears. But for me It's not a horn thing, I didn't have any issues with fatigue with the pro10s and I absolutely love the JBL3677 which I owned for a short while but it was just too big but they will be in my new theater.

Any nice subwoofer will do, HSU, SVS etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got them rigged upto the NAD c372 my first pair of speakers was the wharfedale xarus 5000s they was nice speakers but I wanted to get some better quality ones I've heard good reviews about kliptch and always liked the look of them but these rf 82 only need a low wattage to power them I think the c372 has more than enough power I only put it a quarter and that's really all you need, overall though I do really like these but you do see a big difference when you crank the system up

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Yea they don't need much power (97db sensitivity if I remember correctly). However I called the salesman about the lack of midbass, he said they had stiffer woofers (sounded odd) than the Paradigms I was used to and advised me to give them more power with a separate amp. The bass just got deeper and seemed more open overall. But you're using a separate amp all ready so good deal. Just my 2 cents. Those were my first taste of high efficiency horns... loved the detail.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These are the first pair of kliptch I've had and I was blown away by how much bass and power they have me other speakers had 3 subs on each speaker but when I saw these I didn't think they would be so loud as they only have two subs I've only got them running off the one amplifier, do you think they would sound better if I rigged a pre amp upto them aswell? Or will the c372 do the job ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts