AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can bypass kmixer with kermal streaming and ASIO in paticular programs. Aside from running foobar 2k, I run PowerDVD. Would the Kmixer effect the sound in any way? If so...is there a way of completely disabeling kmixer altogether so it wouldn't have an effect on the audio in my DVD's as well?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Are you doing SPDIF passthrough? If so, kmixer does NOTHING to your DVD's audio....

:cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry I couldn't replay to you earlier :) thats pretty cool so using optical doesn't use kmixer with dvd audio...how about any other audio, like CD audio?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
DTS/DD(AC3) is packaged audio.... unpackaged audio goes through kmixer..... :(

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Lastest ReClock 1.5 Beta 8 has a Kernal Streaming mode that may bypass Kmixer for PCM source. But the author seems disappeared for a while...

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
284 Posts
The bottom line is, if its normal stereo and the software (whatever it may be) is configured to output via "Wave Out" or "Direct Sound", then it goes through kmixer.sys, and there's no easy way around this.

As Li On suggests, "reclock" may offer a possible bodged solution, but this is unproven at this time.

Chip

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
of course, there is then ASIO....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, I get the picture. Isn't there some way to fool around with kmixer in regedit or something? Instead of trying to bypass it all the time, why not just get rid of it once and for all?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite
of course, there is then ASIO....

...for applications that will use it. Unfortunately, many (and especially MS ones) won't.

Chip

·
Registered
674 Posts
MS applications will never use asio, it would like saying thank you to steinberg for showing them how to implement a good audio renderer ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.