AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to check out the Nascar race, but there seems to be a problem. I know they also had problems on Friday night. Anyone getting KNBC from Mt. Wilson?

·
Registered
137 Posts
it's 4:30 PST, any news on KNBC DT yet? I am in the middle of re-tuning OTA antenna, and couldn't get 4.1 Thanks

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's still out, but you can still tune your antenna since the signal is there. I think they are just broadcasting a black picture with no sound.

·
Registered
137 Posts
thanks Glen! For some reasons I lost KNBC DT Signal completely, KCBS, KTLA, KFOX they all fine. hmm, I wonder...tweaking the antenna by 5 deg shouldn't cause it, right? :confused:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Didn't touch a thing here, and still, nothing. Too bad. I was hoping to record Lion's Den tonight. Oh, well... There's always The Practice. BTW, it's been down since at least 8AM this morning, when I tried to watch Meet the Press.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Still nothing here.

I'm getting strong (normal) signal on the signal meter, but my DTC-100 says "weak signal" when I tune to 4-1.

The same for 36-1.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Just got off the phone with NBC-DT maintenance, and they had no idea there was anything wrong. He said he was watching his OTA monitor through both a Harris receiver and a Panasonic receiver, and no problem.

I told him that there was definitely something wrong from my perspective since around 8AM this morning... and that lots of people on this forum, from all around LA, were also complaining all day about strong signal but no signal lock or successful tuning.

I had no explanation for why he saw no problem, but "on the outside" nobody in LA that is on this forum has been able to tune NBC-DT successfully today.

Let's hope he looks into the possible PSIP issue or encoding issue and gets this resolved before tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
AMAZING!!! Didn't take 5 minutes from my phone call and sure enough NBC-DT is once again finally back on the air.

My guess is that they rebooted some box.

Morons.

Case closed.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DSperber
AMAZING!!! Didn't take 5 minutes from my phone call and sure enough NBC-DT is once again finally back on the air.

My guess is that they rebooted some box.

Morons.

Case closed.
Nice one.

At least they listened to you.

On a weekend, even.

·
Registered
137 Posts
that's great, somebody sleeping on the job, again....oh, well, at least it's alive again!

·
Registered
502 Posts
DSperber: can you post the phone number you used? I'd like to post a complaint regarding their transmission of HD material @ 1088i.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eswrite
DSperber: can you post the phone number you used? I'd like to post a complaint regarding their transmission of HD material @ 1088i.
NBC-DT maintenance number is 818-840-3799. Boss engineer is a nice guy named Robin.

CBS-DT engineering number is 323-460-3416.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I spoke with Nelson--Robin is on vacation the next 2 weeks--and he promised to take corrective action. Hopefully West Wing and ER will broadcast sans the silver line this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.