AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time you praise Fox's DTV efforts. I didn't yesterday (in my "Whatever FOx is smoking" a**-kissing act) and world's worst DTV picture is back for tonite's World Series game. Blurry, washed out and stretched in a crazy kinda way.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rashid11
every time you praise Fox's DTV efforts. I didn't yesterday (in my "Whatever FOx is smoking" a**-kissing act) and world's worst DTV picture is back for tonite's World Series game. Blurry, washed out and stretched in a crazy kinda way.
Fox doesn't do HD. We all know it. They have no interest in it. They aren't doing anything with a standard 4:3 NTSC broadcast other than to pipe it through their ATSC equipment. It sounds like your all agitated over something Fox is or isn't doing with their WS broadcast. What is it you're expecting from Fox and the world series?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
He's referring in particular to the NYC FOX station. It seems that it's a crapshoot for them to pass through the network's 480p feed. Yesterday we got the game in 4:3 480p which looked OK. Today we got the usual hideous upconverted 14:9 stretched picture. For game 7, no less! You never know what you're going to get from this freaking station. They make me sick!

It's not the first time this happens. About half of the prime time playoff games were not passed through as 480p. Last Monday's Season Premieres of "Boston Public" and "Ally McBeal" also were not passed as 480p, yet "Dark Angel" yesterday was. And this is supposed to be the flagship FOX station! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, Vic.

It gets so confusing trying to figure out if a complaint refers to a national or local problem. I thought the poster was referring to something special done with Fox's national feed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.