AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting tired of this. When a television event of the magnitude of Saving Private Ryan is NOT broadcast in HD, after five nights in a row of spotty HD switching, it seems as if the station is just bungling it.

Does anyone have the phone number of KNXV so we can all complain?

Argghhhhh!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Because ABC KNXV-DT sucks ! That's why. We already missed all off the new primetime HDTV premieres and went for over 1 month without HDTV, and now this s**t ! I really had it.

PHOENIX is not even worth mentioning if it comes to OTA HDTV ! :(

The FCC should do some "contraction" of the digital OTA spectrum of several stations here in Phoenix, Arizona home of the World Champions Arizona Diamondbacks.

The following Digital Channels need to be contracted:

KNXV (ABC): for a miserable job maintaining their digital channel and not offering for more than 1 month worth of primetime HDTV programming

KSAZ (FOX): For having the worst SDTV picture of any digital stations with 2 hugs bugs (Station ID's) attached and presenting any 480p 16:9 EDTV programs on their digital channel (X-Files, Ally Mc Beal, Boston Public, Dark Angels, etc.)

KPHO (CBS): For never have aired even 1 minute of HDTV programming ever !, because they are too cheap to upgrade their digital channel to make it HDTV ready (will take about only $350.000 to accomplish this)

PHOENIX is the worst Big City for OTA HDTV. Period.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't know what happened, but check after the first hour. Last night's Mission Impossible looked the best I've seen on KNXV. The first 20 minutes or so make this movie so Phoenix HD viewers lose again.

I don't yet trust KNXV so I'm watching the network feed on my big dish. The DD is terrific.

Al Keown

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called. I got the answering machine, and left a message. I hope 15 can do something about this before the entire show is over. I was really looking forward to this broadcast.

:mad:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't suppose anyone has the # of the station engineer. He's probably asleep at his desk right now.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the equipment that they had repaired and working yesterday is now broken again. More likely that they just don' t care.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would not put KNXV in the same category as KPHO. At least KNXV is trying, and is keeping us (somewhat) informed. KPHO flatly refuses to do HDTV after giving us all a bunch of delaying misinformation.

For my part, with all the frustration that HDTV is giving us, I mostly appreciate the PBS station, KAET, though they are not without their share of problems.

As for KPHO, with satellite and DVDs, I don't really want to watch "Touched by an Angel," HDTV or not. I do want to watch PBS productions in HDTV, and would have liked to have seen the World Series in HDTV. The baseball games shown on HDNET were fantastic in HDTV, and its a shame that someone couldn't step up to the plate and do the series in HD. Whether living in Phoenix or New York, we all got cheated on this one. What a tremendous opportunity to tout HDTV! --you've got to wonder about the future of high def when the broadcasters ignore blockbuster events like this. I realize that Fox and Murdoch have their own views on this, but it really is just foot dragging. If everyone else were doing HD, as more sports bars get HDTV capable sets, Fox will have to follow.

·
Registered
581 Posts
KAET is limited in shows but I love the travel shows and this week I caught the Jazz festival. Not too much into Jazz but these days any HDTV is great.

All other station Just ain't cutting it here in Phoenix.

Like to see dish take over market shares in CBS and other station when they start to transmit local out of state station on direct or dish.

I have direct TV now so here is hoping.

Then we wont have to deal with OTA

Hugo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.