AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just bought a zi6 for using as portable/in the pocket video device.

I was using my canon sd600 for videos, but I do not like the big lens coming out and the fact that I can not mount any 37 mm lens in front of it (I mean I can, but it becomes huge).

I want to mount on the zi6 lens a 37mm lens adapter to mount my 37mm lens.

I read about different mods.

I saw people that just put a ring lens adapter in front of the original zi6 lens, using glue or tape.

I saw also other mods that instead remove the lens completelly and the mount a lens directly in front of the image sensor.

Do you know what is the difference between the 2 modifications (removing the zi6 lens vs mounting an add-on lens in front of the zi6 lens) ?

What do u think in general of the zi6 ?

thank you

tx

·
Registered
4,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi /forum/post/18128408

Hi guys, I just bought a zi6 for using as portable/in the pocket video device.

I was using my canon sd600 for videos, but I do not like the big lens coming out and the fact that I can not mount any 37 mm lens in front of it (I mean I can, but it becomes huge).

I want to mount on the zi6 lens a 37mm lens adapter to mount my 37mm lens.

I read about different mods.

I saw people that just put a ring lens adapter in front of the original zi6 lens, using glue or tape.

I saw also other mods that instead remove the lens completelly and the mount a lens directly in front of the image sensor.

Do you know what is the difference between the 2 modifications (removing the zi6 lens vs mounting an add-on lens in front of the zi6 lens) ?

What do u think in general of the zi6 ?

thank you

tx

A general opinion of the Zi6,,,,,,I have a Zi6 and a Zi8,,, the Zi8 is by far a better camera all around,,,, and much better video quality than the Zi6.

Cheers

Davyo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.