AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would post this for anyone like me that has never really bothered to check out, or use, the WVGA mode with their Kodak Zi8.

I have had my Zi8 ever since it was released and I have never used or tried the WVGA mode until just a few weeks ago, I got the Zi8 for the HD recording and to honest never even thought about checking out the WVGA because I just figured it would be crapy SD looking video.

I finnaly got around to testing the WVGA and was pretty darn supprised at how good it looks, it really does look 720p like.

The advantages of using WVGA are smaller files, takes up way less storage on an SD card, easy and quick to edit and much faster to load up on YouTube or send video files via email.

Anyhow, I figured I would post this tidbit of info for anyone else like me that thought WVGA was a needless feature on the Zi8.

From now on, all my YouTube and Vimeo stuff is going to get shot in WVGA.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
8 Posts
I never thought of trying that either!!! I'll give it a try tonight.

My question is a basic one but I cant seem to find it on here. How do I share either a 720 60fps or 1080 30fps video with the Zi8. I have tried email but of course file to large, so if I convert it to a smaller file the quality is terrible.

All I want to do is send videos using the high definition quality of the Zi8 to my family. What am I missing? Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
You should put the video in a free hosting site and give your family the link. Another option would be to give youself a free Vimeo account. Just keep in mind that free users are only allowed 500MB per week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts