AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to purchase a pocket camcorder for work. This model seems to be the best. I am a video editor/videographer and do a lot with AVCHD. I am curious if this camera works the same as other AVCHD camcorders. I am hoping that after someone shoots video, I can take the memory card, load it into the card reader on my mac pro, and do a log and transfer in Final Cut Pro to transfer the files to Pro Res for editing. I guess the better question is, do these files store themselves in a folder on the memory card as .MTS files? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeas /forum/post/18144771

I am to purchase a pocket camcorder for work. This model seems to be the best. I am a video editor/videographer and do a lot with AVCHD. I am curious if this camera works the same as other AVCHD camcorders. I am hoping that after someone shoots video, I can take the memory card, load it into the card reader on my mac pro, and do a log and transfer in Final Cut Pro to transfer the files to Pro Res for editing. I guess the better question is, do these files store themselves in a folder on the memory card as .MTS files? Thanks for the help.

Yes, you can pull the SD or SDHC card out of the Zi8 and put it in a card reader, the video footage will show up as a .MOV file.

Thats how I do it with my Zi8,, I never loaded the Kodak software into my PC either,,, have no need/or want, to use the Kodak editor.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/18148434

Yes, you can pull the SD or SDHC card out of the Zi8 and put it in a card reader, the video footage will show up as a .MOV file.

Thats how I do it with my Zi8,, I never loaded the Kodak software into my PC either,,, have no need/or want, to use the Kodak editor.

Cheers

Davyo

Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.