AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have played KOF circle of doom for a while now.

The demo was a bit of a yawn. The demo does not in anyway give you a feel for the difficulty of the game. That being said There are six acts and the first act is extremely easy but its short and the final boss gives you a feel for the rest of the game. Overall making it through all the acts is fairly short.

Story - 5/10 The problem is its so disjointed. Perhaps after MassEffect and Bioshock Im a little jaded but I really wasnt feeling the story at all. The gameplay and story seem only linked by the fact that you have a goal in some area.

Graphics - 7/10 I have to say there is some amazing art work in this game. Its not Gears of War but from an art perspective this game has some very enjoyable graphics. Almost like japanese horor anime.

Controls - 6/10 The camera view can be incredible clunky at times. Its definetly a button masher and for the most part it doesnt not take game control skill to play.

Game Mechanics/Gameplay - At first I thought they were totally broken. Any weapon in the game can be turned into a one hit kill which kind of invalidates the powerfull slow weapons but since this game is co-op only it kind becomes the end game to create such weapons. Even though you have access to over 20 spell abilities you can only use 2 at a time which invalidates most of them as being inferior to a better choice for the two slots. They weapon smithing system is fun but kind of difficult to grasp. But heres the thing I like it. I dont know why I like it so much but I know I could easily hit 200 hours playing this game and as far as Im concerned that means its a great game. Its fun trying to come up with the most powerfull combination of weapon enhancements and weapon balance. So that you cut a mean swathe through the bad guys. And when you hit hard mode the boss fights are quite difficult before you have your supper weapons. I liked DII a lot. This game is not as good but its worth playing. Theres something about rpgs that let you quest and work towards some super status and its here in this game. 8/10

Overall 8/10 - Maybe Im just a sucker for DII clones.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I have about 60 hours in as of last night. The reviewers totally missed the point to this game.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
This might be the biggest disappointment on 360 to me. They took out all the stuff that made KUF a cool action/strategy hybrid. The 360 could use a game like that. Now, there's nothing wrong with Diablo 2 clones (and this is probably a totally decent D2 clone) but couldn't they have, you know, made some other game for it? As it is I'll just hold on to hopes for Too Human.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
I too played the demo. I thought there was some potential there. I think the enemy design was a little lacking, but it was only one level. Also, I don't like invisible walls and this game seems to make heavy use of those. At 60 bucks, I'd definitely pass, but at like 30 I'd check it out

·
Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/12893703

I too played the demo. I thought there was some potential there. I think the enemy design was a little lacking, but it was only one level. Also, I don't like invisible walls and this game seems to make heavy use of those. At 60 bucks, I'd definitely pass, but at like 30 I'd check it out

The demo level is the first level, a TERRIBLE choice. Some of the others are much larger with multiple paths and much better looking as well.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also some of those walls are destroyable with a souped up excavation weapon. I hear a hand cannon with level 25 excavation carves a mean hole but I havent really checked that out yet.

I only rented the game and hand to return it last night but I definetly plan on picking this game up later when the price drops a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts