AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with this product. It is basically a poly vinyl cloride plastic and it is pure white. It is used to screenprint graphics on and can be heat bent etc. Great stuff! Anyway my question is whether any one here has used it. I can buy a sheet that is 60"x120" 1/2" thick that I will use for a 2:35 screen. One side is glossy and the other side is matte. I would like to know if I can shoot the picture directly on it without having to paint it.

The nice thing is this stuff is very rigged and would be easy to mount to a frame. and like I said you can cut it bend it and it is pretty hard to break.

Any feedback on this.

thanks

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Can you give us more info on it...

Links to manufacturer, where to buy it (dealers), and MSRP prices.

Sounds promising if they are affordable...especially at those sizes since Parkland makes it so hard to get the larger sizes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
A number of members have used Sintra and were generally happy with the results. Do a search and you can find relevant threads where it was mentioned.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Oooppsss...I did search for it and got nothing...did not notice that I added an extra "a"...not many hits on a blue-eyed crooner.... :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The company that carries this oversize is Professional Plastics. A 60"x120" 1/2"thick runs $141.00 plus shipping. The one I would be buying is coming out of Kaysville, Utah and shipping to me here in Twin Falls Idaho is $50.00. I think this is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I found the 2meter x 120" (79.5inches x 120inches) in 3mm here in Phoenix for $72. Lucky for me I don't have to have this huge thing shipped.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow that is huge. can you check to see if they carry a 60" x 120" and how much they would charge to ship it up to Twin falls Idaho for me?

let me kn0w

Thanks

scooter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.