AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having trouble getting KONG's digital channel with a DISH 6000 receiver? Iam able to get every other digital channel in the Seattle area with my OTA except KONG. I have been able to get it a couple of time, but lately nothing comes in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I read that they were at a very low power level.

KING said that once they got KONG up and running they would return to HD News. KONG has been on for close to a month and still analog news.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
what is your distance from the tower and line-of-site situation, robsum? they are running very low power. I am about 5 miles and behind a ridge but it comes in well on my SIR-T150. I would not worry unless it does not improve by July/Aug.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am about 20 miles south of Seattle, but there are a couple of low hills between me and the city. I have heard that KONG is actually using an antenna located in Everett, which would put it about 35 to 40 miles away. I get ever other channel with a signal strength of 85+ so I did not think multipathing was to big of a problem for me, but maybe the low signal strength is causing my receiver problems. I will wait a couple of month before I get to worried and I might try to move my antenna higher.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm using a DTC100 and a UM1000a. I get all digitals with an outside antenna except 16-1 on both boxes. I had an old UHF outdoor antenna on another mast. I pointed it toward the NNW and 16-1 comes in with the DTC with meter readings of 80 (it was only 28 to zero).

I thought the tower was the same as KING on Queen Anne. Pointing toward Everett gives great reception. Am I mistaken? Is KONG in the Everett area?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
according to http://100kwatts.tmi.net/tv/WA.html the tower is on Queen Anne but their offices are in Everett. I guess if the antenna finds it best to the north then these guys are wrong or they changed their setup. I can't tell much about direction from my antenna - it comes in any of a dozen orientations.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was having problems getting KONG-DT in Tacoma, but I just upgraded my antenna from a radio shack vu-120 with a recoton preamp (the preamp was indoors) to a channel master 4228 (on a slightly taller mast) with a mast mounted 7777 preamp. My signal strength on 31 went from 20 - 37 to a solid 100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.