AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a KP-51WS500 approximately 6 months ago. I am having problems with shadows occurring behind bright objects against dark areas. Here's a digital pic of some text against a dark area with this occurrence: Image of blur . Any thought on how I can resolve this problem? I ordered the Avia dis to do some tweaking, but from what I read, the disc is not too extensive regarding walking you through service menu settings. I've read a bit regarding manual focus of the lenses and taken the front and back of the TV off to get a gander at the locations of the Screen/Focus pots and Lenses. Just wondering where I could start to troubleshoot this issue?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hans.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

This looks like ghosting or some form of edge enhancement. Convergence and M/E focus will not fix this for you.

It looks to be electronic in nature ... and AVIA is not going to help you get rid of it.

The test disc is good to help ID it to a repairman when dealing with warranty/repair issues.

I'd show it to a repair man and do some homework by looking at other similar sony sets in the stores to make sure they do not look the same.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.