AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Impressive. Huge and built like a tank.

I own one and I love it. IMHO, the XBRs have the most accurate color and the best flesh tones. I was actually in the market for a Pioneer Elite, did all the research, the in-store tweaking and lots of watching. To me the Elites just have too much contrast for my taste. Finally the new Sony 57" arrived in Good Guys, this was late last year. I went to my local GG and played with one and in less than half hour I told the sales guy to deliver one to my house. A had it for a week and found that I have lots of viewing distance, 10 feet, called GG and ask for an upgrade. I waited another 3 weeks for the first shipment to arrive and it was well worth it.

You should audition one and decide if its for you.

I think there is a $500 rebate on this TV.

Will

------------------

I Want My Sports In HDTV

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is a KP-57XBR40W coming out this fall according to the latest issue of The Perfect Vision. This will have two progressive scan component inputs instead of one which you get with the 10W. Also, if you already own an HDTV tuner this may be a better option than buying the KDP-57XBR2 and spending an extra $1000. I am not sure if it will have any firewire inputs however.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When tested at retail, the KP-65XBR10W seems to have the same chassis as the 4 x 3 Sony's (KP61HS10, currently on closeout everywhere). It seems that the current 2001 16 x 9 sets have jsut been modified or "scaled" to display on a 16 x 9 chassis.

Vertical Resolution: 1080i

Horizontal Resolution: 1053 lines

Total Pixel Count: 1,137,240 pixels

HD wideband amp Red: 15 megahertz

HD wideband amp Green: 16 megahertz

HD wideband amp Blue: 15 megahertz

Testing equipment: Shiba Soku HD image generator.

Unfortunately, numbers are just that, numbers. They don't speak for what you actually "see" in front of you...enjoy your new TV.

·
Registered
31 Posts
THE KDP-57XBR2 IS AVAILABLE AT CRUTCHFIELD FOR A COOL 4999.99. AND YES IT HAS 2-FIREWIRE PORTS.

------------------

rciegr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.