AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting wigglies on my HD picture from TWC Houston (Sony KP53HS10) -- made the top corners look like viewing through a venetian blind. TV repair techs out several times with no results (another story), I checked with TWC to see if the problem might be in the HD decoder box -- they said no. Turns out there was a Sony tech update on this problem. Using the YPrPb outputs from the General Instruments HDD200 HD decoder box, it is also necessary to connect up the H and V signals from the decoder to the TV. Did this yesterday and problem gone.

Note: my understanding is you would need to hook up RGBHV or YPrPb, not YPrPbHV. Perhaps that is a wrong understanding, but none of the other techs (Sony or TWCHD) picked up on it either.

In hindsight I'm not sure why/if this would/should be apparent, or if it is just a Sony/HDD200 artifact, or if the TWC HD guys should have just done that, or what. But whatever the reason, this simple fix improved the picture considerably and got rid of what I was thinking might be some problem in the TV circuitry.

Users of the HDD200 and Sony's, or maybe other sets as well, might want to throw some connectors on and see if any improvements are noted.

--R

------------------

I think we're ALL Bozos on this bus!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did post there with the problem some months ago, and again just recently, but apparently this is a rather obscure problem as none of the responses suggested this simple (once you know it!) fix. I will post it there though as some others might have the same problem at some time or other.

But it is a great resource for owners of these sets.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

--R

------------------

I think we're ALL Bozos on this bus!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.