AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of late last week, we have relocated our channel mapping to place the HD channel as our Digital Channel 1, that is 2.1 or 35.1, depending on your system. Our goal is to have our system properly configured to broadcast a single channel of HD during NBC HD programming and possibly switch to a 2 or 3 channel multicast during other times of the day. At this point, we will be broadcasting the HD channel with 17 Mbps (up from 13 and 15 up till now). In a few weeks I expect us to be able to start the switching... so HD will have the full 19Mbps during Leno and other HD programs.

The price... because we are dropping the SD feed, and some cable companies are going to try to use our HD feed (cropped to 4:3), we will not be able to adjust any more for the 16:9 letterboxed network shows. At least for the time being. When we air ER and the West Wing and whatever else comes letterboxed, it will look like a window inside of your sets, the way it was before.

Well that is it for now...

Any questions or comments, you can email me at [email protected]

EZ

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Thanks very much.

I am looking forward to the improved HD image quality.

Frank

·
Registered
62 Posts
kprcdt, Thanks for the good news!

On a side note, I have a Dish 6000 receiver and on the OTA module, some days your broadcast shows up on digital channel 2.1/2.2 and other days I get 35.1/35.2/35.3 .

I understand you just made this switch but this will flip flop on my 6000 in the same day. Sometimes in the same hour.

Any ideas? Or do I have a fubar OTA module?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been getting complaints from Dish users on the PSIP. Please let me know if this is still happening even after the changes in the line-up (you should see only 2.1 and 2.3 now)

EZ

·
Registered
81 Posts
I noticed the change to 35-1 this weekend. I'm also looking forward to improved PQ with the full 19 Mbps. After discussing the PSIP issue on my Dish 6000, I have left it setup for 35-1 for about two weeks (instead of resetting it for 2-1) and have had no stability problems. I will try to reset to 2.1 tonight and will advise on the results.

As always, thanks for the info kprcdt.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for the update and the news. I look forward to the Fall NBC lineup of HD shows.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the good news EZ.

·
Registered
81 Posts
2.1 is stable on my Dish 6000.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well it's been a few days since I last replied and my Dish 6000 is holding steady at 2.1.

However today will be the real test as it is overcast in Houston. I usually get the flip-flop effect when the cloud canopy drops real low, or a big storm rolls through.

It's not signal strength though, I have a big pole on the roof and I'm getting 98% strength from you guys. I live near I-10 and Highway-6 so I'm close.

Maybe too close?

I'll let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.