AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Sony HD100 and Sony HDTV. Recently, I have been getting signal problems which I think were station problems. But, I am not so sure anymore. What my problems are:

1) I was getting KICU (36.1) fine until one day it switched to 36.2. I get the picture but there is no sound. Signal is above 90 all the time.

2) I was getting KQED (30.1) fine until one day, I started to get no picture. Sound is there and signal strength is again above 97. Once in a while I will get the picture ands sound but it goes away when I switch to another chanel and back. 80.3 (KQED multicast) works fine.

Do I have a potential HW problem or are these station problems? Any others with similar problems?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Try re-scanning the channels. KQED passes the national PBS signal through which used the PSID 80.x. This can cause some STB boxes to go brain dead because they expect the PSID to match the current channel you are tuned to. Some times my Mits SR-5 can handle the channel re-mapping other times it loses it's marbles and no manual channel mapping will fix it. I have to do a re-scan to show the channel.

As for KICU, I haven't had a problem with it except for the channel guide which displays: Regular Schedule.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.