AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it even matter? I'd prefer to use kraft faced and staple it to have an air gap (from clips and channels) to run cable below the joists.

If it does matter is it negligible?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
doesn't matter ,but someone correct me if I'm wrong but if it's a basement and you go faced the paper is up towards first floor subfloor correct? but that would only be if you were not going to heat the basement which you prob most likely are so. so scratch that comment and just do unfaced.

I will say I didn't insulate the rest of my basement ceiling. I only did my theatre. I will say with heat downstairs now my upstairs is much warmer. actually I ran my heat on my first floor 3 degrees cooler this winter when I had the heat on in basement to a comfortable temp.

jim

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
With faced, you can staple it. How does the unfaced version not fall out?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
If both spaces (above and below) are conditioned, it doesn't matter which way the paper faces.

Unfaced will usually friction fit, but you can use insulation supports to keep it in place.

Tim
Tim am I correct in saying if the basement wasn't heated and first floor is heated and u wanted to insulate the basement joists u would have the paper facing upward towards subfloor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts