AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Kramer 2x1 auto switcher. It is supposed to have 2 inputs and an output, one input which is the default, and one which will only come on if the first is inactive. Well my initial thought was to plug my PC into the secondary input, and the HDTV into the default input. That way, on my remote, when I switch to the PC, I could turn the HD output off on my DTC-100 at the same time, and the PC picture would pop up. Well to my dismay, when I did this, I found that the RCA DTC100's output would not keep the default input locked. It would keep switching back and forth, gaining sync and losing sync. Has anyone seen this or know what the possible solution could be? Thanks.

Mark

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I have used the Kramer switcher for over 6 months with a HTPC and a DTC100 on a Mitsubishi 55857 RPTV. It has worked perfectly for me. I did not have to do anything special, it just worked right out of the box. The switching problem (in Larry's posts) apparently depends on what type of TV that the switcher is used with. It works perfectly with my Mitsubishi and it also worked with my Panasonic 56" HDTV.

Jay

·
Registered
721 Posts
I agree. The Kramer switch only worked marginally. The Altinex comparable switcher has worked flawlessly for me.

Jeff

·
Registered
347 Posts
Same here.

I have a Kramer 211 auto switch switching between my DTC100 and the IScan Pro. The Kramer is connected to my 10HT and I have not had any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have the same switch working between a HTPC (GeForce 2 MX) and Dish 6000 going to an NEC LT100. No problems at all. Is the first input or second input the default?? I don't remember how mine is setup and I am not at home.

------------------

Gary

STOP DVI/HDCP!

DVI/HDCP! ~= HD-DIVX!!!

DO NOT SUPPORT JVC or anyone else who supports this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.