AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have one question. What kind of power cable does this amp have a 15amp or 20 amp?

Thank you
Rob

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi fatbottom
Actually I have one. Bought it used, but wondering on the correct cable. I was wondering if I can plug it into a 15 amp receptacle. The owners manual says you can hook it up to a 15 amp power line. Im assuming therefore the cable is 15 amp. But the manual also says for maximum performance to use a 20 amp power line, which makes me think. I have a 15 amp receptacle, Im praying I can hook the Krell up to my 15 amp receptacle. Interesting on the fire hazard.
Can anyone please let me know.

Rob

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
250a is only 2 channel so would be fine. I know UK and USA is different we have higher wattage outlets, but since yours is only 2 channel it's ok from 15A.

I believe Krell changed the fuse internally so limit the amp current so it didn't overheat and catch fire.

If you had a 7 channel, 250W+ amplifier then that's when you need to get 20A, ie with ATI 1802 you're fine, but if you get ATI 6007 then definitely need one.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fatbottom
I emailed Krell about this. From what I understand is they will send a tech to my residence and switch fuses. But I don't know if this offer has expired. Interesting I remember years ago Krell would warn consumer that the units run hot.
I did however also buy a KAV-250a/3( gotta very good deal) The manual didn't distinguish between the KAV-250a and 250a/3. Therefore im thinking its the same power cord. If you have time can you verify this?
Thanks

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts