Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. :)

I'm planning to improve my stereo audio quality.

My system is....

AMP : DENON AVC-A1SE (AVR-5800)

CDP : Arcam DiVA CD92

DVDP: SONY DVDP-S9000ES

Main SP : B&W CDM 7NT

Center SP : B&W CDM CNT

Surround SP : B&W CM4

Surround Back : B&W CM2.

I am planing to add a Krell KAV-300iL integraed amp.

[Krell 300iL can be used as a integrated amp with my CDP for serious stereo listening, and for movies, 300iL can be used as a power amp for front speakers, hence the A1SE will be used as a processor(pre amp) for movies.]

How much "improvement" would I able to get, going from DENON A1SE to Krell 300iL for stereo music quality ?

Has anybody experienced those two amps. ?

Or can anyone recommend a amp in similar price rage with Krell 300iL? (good matching amp with B&W CDM 7NT)

Any comments, info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
For stereo have you tried auditioning Cello (made by Mark levingson but he sold his model to madrgial so he has to use cello now.) You are delaing with high end equipment already (talking about your denon unit) Though it is always wise to try and seperate the amp from the pro/pre.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi London8,

I did almost the exact same thing as you are planning. I had a Denon 5600 receiver and I was using a Sony 7000 dvd player and later bought an EAD Ultradisc 2000 cd player. And the cd player was way better for music.

Then I decided to add a Krell 300i to use as the 2channel power amp for my front left & Right speakers and for 2 channel music. It was a major improvement for both music and movies.

It was a night and day difference. Especially when you have your Sony 9000es to be able to play Sacd's.

Just my 2cents, Brian

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes....agreed, night and day for sure, especially 2 channel performance.

I am looking at a couple of different Krell amps as well. I've just upgraded my front end from the B&W 604s to Nautilus 802s. IMO, there isn't a better combination...B&W/Krell. The 5800 does a magnificent job in the pre/pro section for 2 channel listening. I'm also a 5800 owner and would love to hear what you end up with.

Jeremy

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use a Krell KAV-300iL to listen to stereo. I have not jumped into the HT receiver market yet, because I'm looking for one with three component inputs and two component outputs (the Denon 4802 comes closest with 3/1).

I'd say you can't go wrong with the Krell. I delivers oodles of power to my Oheocha speakers. And I don't think that a multi-channel receiver can come close to providing the slam and transparency you want to hear from SACDs or CDs.

Just my dos centavos.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I haven't heard either of the models in my home setup, but I do have the both an old KAV-300i and a AVP-A1/POA-T2/T3 combo at home. Sonically the Krell beats the Denon combo an all levels. As the 300iL is an improvement over the 300I and has gotten "killer" reviews in e.g. HFN, I would say it would most likely lift the performance to a much higher level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.