AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a Krell KSA 100 and KSA- 200. Yours in mint condition is probably worth anywhere from 1,000 to 2000 if it has been recently refurbished. Remember this is a old amp. I have had both my amps refurbished in the last year and each one cost approx $700. Repalce transistors and power caps as they age. They are awesome and will drive any speaker because they put out a ton of current. If you have cheap speakers it is not worth spending that much money. Depending on your power requirement look at a HALO amp from Music Direct I have 3 of them for my home theatre and they are on sale right now.

So depending on your speaker will determine what amp to get.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Wow, did I understand right? $700 to repair an amp? Wonder why so much...

$100-$200 for service and $100 for parts would be $300 max. And I have trouble believing caps and output transistors cost more than $100.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnies /forum/post/19633302

I have a Krell KSA 100 and KSA- 200. Yours in mint condition is probably worth anywhere from 1,000 to 2000 if it has been recently refurbished. Remember this is a old amp. I have had both my amps refurbished in the last year and each one cost approx $700. Repalce transistors and power caps as they age. They are awesome and will drive any speaker because they put out a ton of current. If you have cheap speakers it is not worth spending that much money. Depending on your power requirement look at a HALO amp from Music Direct I have 3 of them for my home theatre and they are on sale right now.

So depending on your speaker will determine what amp to get.

I agree, with Arnies, this is a very good amp, I did at one time have a KSA 100 and it was a great amp. Not sure what you are giving for it but you will love the sound, they are very powerfull amps. If your speakers are up to snuff this amp will make you very happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.