AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listening impressions anyone?

I have the Krell KAV 280CD today and want to know if anyone have compared the two on CD's as well as if anyone has impressions on Krell SACD Standard's performance on SACD's.

Are there any reviews out there for this player?

Thank's for input.

Peter

· Registered
1,417 Posts
am still torn because I also really like the Meridian 598 DVD A with DVD and it is so good at both, I have trouble giving up one of the best video players for similar cost. I am currently trying a 568 processor and am debating just going to the MM.2 model which has the direct connect with all conversion for DVD 1 in the digital mode, because it would be similar to just the standard, and since Meridian basicallly invented DVD a and also does very well in DVD regular for video I am torn on this one.

On the other hand I finally got my new Krell 3250, of which I had been waiting 4 months to find a good deal on one, and I just love it. If you go Krelll you may want to give that a sniff also. I didn't love the processor, but really love the amp.

All that said, I did find the Krell SACD the best that I have heard to date in that format, but when done directly in the DVDa comparison, it was very close, and plus I get the great DVD player.

I guess if you don't use the Meridian hooked direct then it isn't an option for you, so if that were my situation then maybe I would go for the standard. I don't know why Krell didn't make the DVD standard also the SACD as a combined option because you already have 70 percent of the component, so it only makes sense. I guess it was because DVD standard owners would have just went nutts, but since the DVD came out in the down economy there couldn't have been that many to upgrade. In my view the current KAV line of Krell is by far the biggest step they have taken in years, and I for the first time have a HT amp that does just an incredible job on music, and they got rid of bright, and added a level of smoothness in extension that I never thought anything but a mono block would ever get me.

· Registered
246 Posts
I will give my impressions after the audition but I don't know if it will matter. The system that the SACD Standard is connected to includes Krell MRA amps and the new Wilson Alexandria speakers! But I will try to deduct those elements from the equation:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.