AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Showcase and set it up last night. The OSD flickers very annoyingly.

The flickering OSD issue only occurs when using the S-Video OSD and even that, only if there is no video source connected to the processor. As soon as any video source is connected, the flickering stops. Weird. Right now that does not affect me as the proj only has 1 S-Video input, so I have to use the processor as a switcher. However, going forward, I do not feel comfortable to be obligated to use the proc as a switcher. For the amount of money the proc costs I would expect it not to have these kind of issues. Actually, by the time the super bowl is on, I plan on getting an HD receiver and there will be no need to use the proc as a video switcher. I will still need a video cable from the proc to the proj for the OSD and I do not want to buy a new cable just for OSD and would like to use the S-Video as I do not care about the quality of the OSD. It would be nice to have this issue resolved.

Does any one else have this issue? If someone can see if they have to same issue it would be greatly appreciated. Remove all video inputs from the proc and only use the S-Video OSD and see if it flickers.

Thanks,

Cap

· Registered
47 Posts
I have had the Showcase pre/pro and Amp for about 6 months now. I also had a similar problem, I called my dealer and they switched units the next day. I believe that in this price range there should be no problems of this kind. Call your dealer and have them either fix your unit, or switch the one you have with a new one.

I have owned Krell for years, and they have been nothing but stellar in their customer service, others may have different experiences, but I am faithful Krell owner. Just my 0.02 worth.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.