AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at pre/pro's of late and I just came across the new Krell Showcase. Likely to be just out of my price range but since it is about all I could get locally, I've decided to take a deeper look. Anyone know much about it? In particular I was wondering about their room equalisation system. Does it actually work or is it just a standard eq? I've looked at their website, but if anyone has actually had a chance to play around with one I would be interested in their impressions.

Tim

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
From what I heard, it is a seperate 7 band EQ for each of the speaker. It could be parametric, shelf, notch, etc. As far as how it is to be set, I don't think it is automatic via microphone, so it might have to be done manually.

They did a demo of it on HE2002 w/some DVD that had sound that circles the room. It sounded pretty convincing using a 7.1 layout.

I was waiting for the Showcase amp for a while, but couldn't wait anymore and got something else.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
I *think* I read somewhere that it was about $4K. Take that with a grain of Morton's, please.

I thought the EQ thing was a 7 *channel* (not band) EQ...basically, one digital parametric filter per channel. No automation involved. Still nice functionality, especially if the price point is where I think it is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sound Advice has it priced at $3999, so around $4k is right. Just curious if anyone has heard it yet. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.